Thursday, December 5, 2013

Harry Potter Travel Part Seven

Christ Church, Oxford

I had such a great time at Oxford! I was able to climb the 16th century staircase beneath the stunning vaulted ceiling used to depict the the Grand Staircase in the Harry Potter movies. It was exactly as I pictured it when reading the books. There were also several hallways and a courtyard used in the films. The Great Hall of Christ Church, Oxford was replicated at the filming studios to create the Hogwarts Great Hall. Unfortunately, I was not able to enter the library or trophy room locations as they were closed on my touring date. This was an amazing historical spot with many bookish ties. I will make another post about the links to Lewis Carrol and Alice at Oxford soon.










2 comments:

  1. What a cool travel experience! This is beautiful and it would be so much fun to feel like you were at Hogwarts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was so fun. I was going to make one Harry Potter travel post but it turned in to ten. Geez! Sorry Jane Austen, Lewis Carroll, and Zane Grey! I didn't mean to make you wait so long!

      Delete

All comments will be reviewed before publication. Play nice or I'll poke your Karma bubble.