Sunday, April 13, 2014

DIY Bookish Birthday Card

I wanted to make a card for my fabulous, book-loving cousin's birthday. I have a few books that I got from the library's used book section that aren't in great shape. Instead of letting them be thrown out I have been making things with them.

For this card I used one piece of scrapbook paper and a book page. I cut large petals and a circle from the book page and small petals from the scrapbook paper. They glued together nicely to make a cute flower. I love the circle which says "was it a bird... was it a fairy..." which suits my cousin beautifully.

This inside is half a piece of scrapbook paper folded in half. I picked this piece because it had lines on it for my message and needed very little adornment. Finally, I cut "Happy Birthday" from paper scraps from a different project.
 
 

This was quick and fun to make. I'm excited to mail it off tomorrow :) Next up: Mother's Day card!



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before publication. Play nice or I'll poke your Karma bubble.