Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sally's Baking Addiction Book Review

Sally's Baking Addiction Cookbook - on sale Book: Sally's Baking Addiction

 

Author: Sally McKenney

 

Given by: Quayside Publishing Group

 

Rating: 5/5 Won-derfuls (Amazing!)

 

Love! Love! Love! I am a decent baker, but not anything particularly spectacular. With the help of this book I was baking like a pro without any special equipment or complex instructions. The directions are short and simple. The pictures are gorgeous and the pages high quality. The baked goods are DELICIOUS. In short, this is a great cookbook.

The 77 recipes in this book are divided into eight sections: Breads and Muffins, Breakfast, Brownies and Bars, Cakes Pies and Crisps, Candy and Sweet Snacks, Cookies, Cupcakes, and Healthier Choices. I made three recipes from different sections before writing this review.

First, I made lemon poppy seed muffins to take to work. Twice. They didn't make it to the office. Twice. Start to finish they took me less than 30 minutes to make and the outcome was scrumptious! I had plenty of help in my house testing these babies out. We all approve!! I plan to make these whenever we have company stay the night.

  

Next I tried out a recipe from the Breakfast section... crepes! With Nutella! YUM. I only made these once and they were easy peasy as well. This basic recipe is easily customizable, so we're going to try out some different toppings this weekend. This is another great thing about Sally's Baking Addiction. There are tips throughout about ways to modify or customize the recipes to make them more versatile.

The final recipe I tried out (for now) was for Blueberry Almond Oat Squares. Mine did not turn out pretty, but that is because we gave in to temptation before letting them cool fully. Maybe next time I'll give them a chance to settle before stuffing my face with deliciousity, but probably not.We had these filling squares for breakfast throughout the week and enjoyed every bite.

I highly recommend this book. It would make a great for any who enjoy baking because it is not a cookbook that sits out for show (although it is lovely). It is functional, practical, and perdy.

Want more information? Check out the book and blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before publication. Play nice or I'll poke your Karma bubble.