Sunday, December 15, 2013

Easy Peasy Bookish Ornaments

I completed this project last year with my Girl Scout troop using old magazines. They loved it! I decided I wanted to try with book pages. It was just as simple. I think I saw the tutorial originally on Martha Stewart crafts a few years ago, but couldn't find the site to link. If you have it, please share so I can give credit.

 

What You Need: 

  • Book pages (about 10)
  • Scissors
  • Stapler
  • Something round to trace
  • Pen
  • Ribbon or string




1. Stack book pages and trace a circle on the top page

 

2. Cut out the circles

 

3. Place a staple in the center of the circle. A large stapler works best, but I improvised because I only had a small one at home. Staple string or ribbon to the circle


4. Fold out pages in each direction to form a ball.

 5. Hang up you ornament. Oooh and ahhh at the bookish wonder!

 


Alternative: This craft is very flexible.You can use books, magazines, maps, sheet music, or old greeting cards. I have made them in diamond, square, and bell shapes too. These also make cool garland if you make smaller shapes and string them with a needle and thread.

Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before publication. Play nice or I'll poke your Karma bubble.