Saturday, December 7, 2013

Doctor Lovebeads Book Review

18754906 Book: Doctor Lovebeads (#5 in the Asphalt Warrior series)

 

Author: Gary Reilly

 

Given by: JKS Communications 

 

Rating: 4/5 Won-derfuls (I loved it)



Part mystery, part philosophy, and wholly awesome, this book was entertaining from beginning to end. Our favorite cabbie, Murph, fails once again at minding his own business. He becomes intertwined in a missing persons case and claims he is only involved out of self interest (I don't believe him).

Murph's constant sidebars add to the narrative and infuse the story with his contagiously thoughtful personality. Chapter 22 starts: "I won't bore you with the detailed descriptions of my 'plan.' I know what you're thinking. Why did Murph put the word 'plan' in quotation marks? What is it about quotation marks that absolves people of responsibility for the things they try to do? I don't know the answer. All I can say is thank God for quotation marks." And then he gets right back to his "plan". I love it.

1 comment:

All comments will be reviewed before publication. Play nice or I'll poke your Karma bubble.