Saturday, March 7, 2015

Bookish Paris: Shakespeare and Co. Bookstore

On our honeymoon my husband and I had a nine hour layover in Paris during which we completed a whirlwind tour of the city. Many of our stops were bookish (of course!). One of the first sites we went to was Shakespeare and Co. bookstore.  

This place has been on my bucket list for ages! The store's close proximity to Notre Dame made the stop doable on our tight schedule. I would have loved to see the original store that was open prior to WWII, but the more recent one was still really neat.  Many English language speakers were gathered discussing literature and food. The Bohemian feel was palpable. One of my favorite parts about going to the store was seeing the Wallace fountain out front. 


These beautiful and functional water fountains give me some faith in humanity. Combined with the atmosphere of the store, this structure and its water are downright magical. Affordable clean water and quality conversation for all.  My heart was full!  I would love to spend more time there when we aren't in such a rush.  This is definitely worth the stop if you find yourself in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before publication. Play nice or I'll poke your Karma bubble.