Tuesday, March 18, 2014

War of Wings Book Review


 18714830

Book: War of Wings

 

Author: Tanner McElroy

 

Given by: JKS Communications

 

Rating: 5/5 Won-derfuls (Amazing!)

 

This is one story I would recommend judging by its cover because both are awesome! This book tells the tale of angels fighting for their deepest desires. Some desire power, some love of other angels, and some the love of God. These desires lead to an epic battle between incredibly powerful beings. Special weapons are created to destroy the previously indestructible and hearts are broken as many angels fall from grace.

I was frequently reminded of the pettiness, anger, good, and evil of the ancient gods of Greece and Rome. While this book explores a more modern mythology with hierarchies within the angels rather than the gods, there are many parallels to the ancient tales of polytheism. I have a basic working knowledge of the tales of Gabriel, Lucifer, and Michael, but this book really grabbed my imagination and made me think a little more about these beings. I would definitely recommend reading this book. I am already looking forward to reading the next installment!

Author Q & A will be up on March 20 to wrap up this week with War of Wings. I think you'll be hearing a lot more about this book so make sure you read it to keep up on all the bookish buzz!

Interested? To find out more click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before publication. Play nice or I'll poke your Karma bubble.