Saturday, February 15, 2014

This is the Garden Book Review


18045631 Book: This is the Garden

 

Author: Giulio Mozzi

 

Given by: Open Letter Books via Goodreads

 

Rating: 4/5 Won-derfuls (I loved it)


This is such a beautiful work. It is an award winning compilation that was translated into English from Italian by the talented Elizabeth Harris. I picked it up to read after winning it in a giveaway without knowing quite what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. This text can be appreciated on many different levels. It can be as complicated or as simple as the reader decides it should be, which makes it both readable and contemplative. I chose to read each of the eight works with a day in between to digest and I am so glad I did! There are common strands throughout, but each section provides plenty to chew on independently. I look forward to rereading this book again. It can mean different things when read in different moods, different times of day, or different times in life.

On a more concrete note, this book is well translated, edited, and published. This allows the reader to focus on the text and allows the imagination to take hold. I look forward to recommending this book and am so grateful I had the opportunity to read it!


Interested? Find out more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before publication. Play nice or I'll poke your Karma bubble.