Friday, January 31, 2014

World's Best Cocktails Book Review


13590576

Book: World's Best Cocktails

 

Author: Tom Sandham

 

Given by: Quayside Publishing Group

 

Rating: 4/5 Won-derfuls (I loved it)

 

I was very impressed with this book. It is full of excellent photography, drink recipes, and histories of different beverages. The book begins with descriptions and histories of different cocktail styles and then is split by type of spirit.

Each section has bar and bartender biographies and a combination of classic and modern recipes. I had a great time trying out a few of these cocktails at home. This book is great for beginners but also has very interesting facts and ideas for the experienced mixologist. I look forward to visiting a couple of the recommended bars when we travel to Europe later this year. 

The book itself is quite hefty. The pages are glossy and lay open nicely for coffee table or kitchen use. The colors are vibrant and the layout easy to enjoy in small sections. My only complaint is that the pages split from the binding in two places the first time I opened the book. It really wasn't a huge deal, but I think I would be kind of upset if I had paid the full $30.00 list price. 

I would highly recommend this book. If you are concerned about heft or cost, remember that this book covers all the bases. You need look no further for a cocktail resource. Sandham has created a wonderful and enjoyable text!

Interested? More information can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before publication. Play nice or I'll poke your Karma bubble.