Saturday, January 4, 2014

Silence Book Review

12437907Book: Silence (Book One of The Queen of the Dead)

 

Author: Michelle Sagara

 

Given by: Will Martin at Penguin Group

 

Rating: 4/5 Won-derfuls (I loved it)

 

This is the first of Sagara's books I have read, although I have heard a lot of praise for her Chronicles of Elantra series. Silence is a YA fantasy book in which a teenage Emma begins to have contact with the dead. She meets some people who would like to help her and some who want her to join the dead she has befriended. 

There were some very imaginative parts of this book that made the whole thing worth the read. I loved Sagara's imagery and characters. Golden chains into the hearts of the dead? Soul fire? Heck yes.

There was a lot left unexplained, but I think that is because this book is the first in a series, not because of error or carelessness. I did hit a lull in the middle of the book. Luckily the beginning had me so hooked that it carried me through to the end where it picked up again.

Basically, I loved this book because it was an original idea with some neat magical imagery. Also, I loved the cover art by Cliff Nielsen. If you have not seen his work you should definitely check it out. It is pretty incredible.

Interested? You can read more reviews or buy it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before publication. Play nice or I'll poke your Karma bubble.