Wednesday, May 7, 2014

DIY Bookish Mother's Day Card


My mom is the one who started my love of books. When I was a kid she read to me, took me to the library as often as I wanted to go, and looked the other way when I read long past bed time. Now we recommend books to each other, talk about what we've read, and exchange paperbacks. In short, my mom gave me a lifelong love of books! I can access adventure, love, suspense, and philosophical thinking whenever my heart desires. What better gift could a mom give her daughter?

When I was thinking about what kind of Mother's Day card to make this year I decided it should be bookish for sure. I remembered coming across this tutorial a couple years ago and decided to use it. I added a few elements of my own to make is more personalized. Below you can find pictures of my process. They'll make much more sense after watching the video I linked above.








No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed before publication. Play nice or I'll poke your Karma bubble.